Hard Facts, Dangerous Half-Truths And Total Nonsense: Profiting From Evidence-Based Management
by Jeffrey Pfeffer, Robert I. Sutton
Hardcover: 288 pages
Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press
List Price: $32.00
Your Price: $21.68
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Jeffrey Pfeffer and Robert I. Sutton show how companies can bolster performance and trump the competition through evidence-based management, an approach to decision-making and action that is driven by hard facts rather than half-truths or hype. This book guides managers in using this approach to dismantle six widely heldbut ultimately flawedmanagement beliefs in core areas including leadership, strategy, change, talent, financial incentives, and work-life balance. The authors show managers how to find and apply the best practices for their companies, rather than blindly copy what seems to have worked elsewhere.
This practical and candid book challenges leaders to commit to evidence-based management as a way of organizational lifeand shows how to finally turn this common sense into common practice.
- The Abilene Paradox and Other Meditations on Management
- Energize Your Workplace: How to Create and Sustain High-Quality Connections at Work
- Databases DeMYSTiFieD, 2nd Edition
- The Knowing-Doing Gap: How Smart Companies Turn Knowledge into Action
- Business Intelligence: A Managerial Perspective on Analytics (3rd Edition)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.