Don't Believe Everything You Think: The 6 Basic Mistakes We Make in Thinking
by Thomas E. Kida
Paperback: 286 pages
Publisher: Prometheus Books
List Price: $19.99
Your Price: $16.53
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Do you believe that you can consistently beat the stock market if you put in the effort?--that some people have extrasensory perception?--that crime and drug abuse in America are on the rise? Many people hold one or more of these beliefs although research shows that they are not true. This enlightening book discusses how to recognize faulty thinking and develop the necessary skills to become a more effective decision maker. Author Thomas Kida identifies a "six-pack of problems" that leads many of us to accept false ideas. The book vividly illustrates these tendencies with numerous eye-opening examples that demonstrate how easily we can be fooled into believing something that isn't true.
- Children of the Sun: A History of Humanity's Unappeasable Appetite For Energy
- Essential Psychopathology Casebook
- Damned Lies and Statistics: Untangling Numbers from the Media, Politicians, and Activists
- The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2012
- First Person Accounts of Mental Illness and Recovery
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.