Picture This: How Pictures Work
by Molly Bang
Paperback: 96 pages
Publisher: Chronicle Books
List Price: $12.99
Your Price: $9.03
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Everyone knows that a picture tells a thousand words. But what about the elements that make up a picture? Using the tale of Little Red Riding Hood as an example, Molly Bang uses boldly graphic artwork to explain how images—and their individual components—work to tell a story that engages the emotions: Why are diagonals dramatic? Why are curves calming? Why does red feel hot and blue feel cold? First published in 1991, Picture This fans will welcome the new edition's striking redesign and introduce its insights to many other artists and art appreciators alike.
- You Can Draw in 30 Days: The Fun, Easy Way to Learn to Draw in One Month or Less
- Artist to Artist: 23 Major Illustrators Talk to Children About Their Art
- The Design of Everyday Things
- Arrow to the Sun: A Pueblo Indian Tale
- From Cover to Cover (revised edition): Evaluating and Reviewing Children's Books
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.