Plot & Structure: Techniques and Exercises for Crafting a Plot That Grips Readers from Start to Finish
by James Scott Bell
Paperback: 240 pages
Publisher: Writer's Digest Books
List Price: $16.99
Your Price: $11.87
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Craft an Engaging Plot
How does plot influence story structure? What's the difference between plotting for commercial and literary fiction? How do you revise a plot or structure that's gone off course?
With Write Great Fiction: Plot & Structure, you'll discover the answers to these questions and more. Award-winning author James Scott Bell offers clear, concise information that will help you create a believable and memorable plot, including:
- Techniques for crafting strong beginnings, middles, and ends
- Easy-to-understand plotting diagrams and charts
- Brainstorming techniques for original plot ideas
- Thought-provoking exercises at the end of each chapter
- Story structure models and methods for all genres
- Tips and tools for correcting common plot problems
Filled with plot examples from popular novels, comprehensive checklists, and practical hands-on guidance, Write Great Fiction: Plot & Structure gives you the skills you need to approach plot and structure like an experienced pro.
- Characters, Emotion & Viewpoint: Techniques and Exercises for Crafting Dynamic Characters and Effective Viewpoints (Write Great Fiction)
- How to Write Dazzling Dialogue: The Fastest Way to Improve Any Manuscript
- The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide To Character Expression
- Elements of Fiction Writing - Conflict and Suspense
- Structuring Your Novel: Essential Keys for Writing an Outstanding Story
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.