Making It in the Art World: New Approaches to Galleries, Shows, and Raising Money
by Brainard Carey
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Allworth Press
List Price: $19.95
Your Price: $13.93
Availability: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
Everything you need to know to turn your artistic passion into an income!Learn how today’s artists survive, exhibit, and earn money, without selling out! This book explains how to be a professional artist and new methods to define and realize what success means. Whether you’re a beginner, a student, or a career artist looking to be in the best museum shows, this book provides ways of advancing your plans on any level.
Making It in the Art World is an invaluable resource for artists at every stage, offering readers a plethora of strategies and helpful tips to plan and execute a successful artistic career. Topics include how to evaluate your own work, how to submit art, how to present work to the public, how to avoid distractions in the studio, and much more.
- New Markets for Artists: How to Sell, Fund Projects, and Exhibit Using Social Media, DIY Pop-Ups, eBay, Kickstarter, and Much More
- I'd Rather Be in the Studio: The Artist's No-Excuse Guide to Self-Promotion
- ART/WORK: Everything You Need to Know (and Do) As You Pursue Your Art Career
- How to Start and Run a Commercial Art Gallery
- The Artist's Guide: How to Make a Living Doing What You Love
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.