Rhetorical Devices: A Handbook and Activities for Student Writers
by Brendan McGuigan
Perfect Paperback: 234 pages
Publisher: Prestwick House, Inc.
List Price: $12.95
Your Price: $10.44
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Knowing every rule and writing with perfect correctness will take your students only so far in their quest for excellence. For, beyond grammar, there's rhetoric -- language use that separates craftspersons from scribblers. Readers, too, must be able to discuss how a writer presents a case or constructs an argument. The higher scores on nearly all state assessments and college entrance exam rubrics demand knowledge of rhetorical devices and their effects. When your students are ready to go from adequate to superb, this is the book you'll use to help them. This book is a fantastic choice for teachers looking for a supplement for their AP Language or academic writing classes. Teacher's editions are available from the publisher but are only sold to teachers and schools.
- 5 Steps to a 5 500 AP English Language Questions to Know by Test Day (5 Steps to a 5 on the Advanced Placement Examinations Series)
- Voice Lessons: Classroom Activities to Teach Diction, Detail, Imagery, Syntax, and Tone (Maupin House)
- Thank You For Arguing, Revised and Updated Edition: What Aristotle, Lincoln, And Homer Simpson Can Teach Us About the Art of Persuasion
- Vocabulary Power Plus for the ACT - Book Four
- The Human Story: Our History, from the Stone Age to Today
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.