No Room at the Table: Earth's Most Vulnerable Children
by Donald H. Dunson
Paperback: 141 pages
Publisher: Orbis Books
List Price: $18.00
Your Price: $15.00
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
A cry that touches our hearts and awakens our desire to help - in some way - the hundreds of thousands of children around the world who are at risk. Overwhelmed by poverty, war, hunger and separation from family, they are not allowed to be children. They carry guns, they sell themselves to buy food, they live on the streets. Donald Dunson tells the stories of our children from New Orleans to the Sudan. Each chapter profiles three or four individuals as it probes an issue affecting children children including hunger and poverty, was and sexual exploitation, homelessness and the need for love. No Room at the table concludes with a list of resources for involvement and action. It is an eye - and heart - opening work.
- Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, a Man Who Would Cure the World (Random House Reader's Circle)
- This Borrowed Earth: Lessons from the Fifteen Worst Environmental Disasters around the World (MacSci)
- Living Justice: Catholic Social Teaching in Action
- Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation
- Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.