Business Adventures: Twelve Classic Tales from the World of Wall Street
by John Brooks
Paperback: 464 pages
Publisher: Open Road Media
List Price: $16.99
Your Price: $12.82
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
What do the $350 million Ford Motor Company disaster known as the Edsel, the fast and incredible rise of Xerox, and the unbelievable scandals at General Electric and Texas Gulf Sulphur have in common? Each is an example of how an iconic company was defined by a particular moment of fame or notoriety; these notable and fascinating accounts are as relevant today to understanding the intricacies of corporate life as they were when the events happened.
Stories about Wall Street are infused with drama and adventure and reveal the machinations and volatile nature of the world of finance. John Brooks’s insightful reportage is so full of personality and critical detail that whether he is looking at the astounding market crash of 1962, the collapse of a well-known brokerage firm, or the bold attempt by American bankers to save the British pound, one gets the sense that history repeats itself.
Five additional stories on equally fascinating subjects round out this wonderful collection that will both entertain and inform readers . . . Business Adventures is truly financial journalism at its liveliest and best.
- The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing. A Book of Practical Counsel (Revised Edition) (Collins Business Essentials)
- Tap Dancing to Work: Warren Buffett on Practically Everything, 1966-2013
- The Outsiders: Eight Unconventional CEOs and Their Radically Rational Blueprint for Success
- The Clash of the Cultures: Investment vs. Speculation
- Stress Test: Reflections on Financial Crises
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.