12 Years a Slave (Oscar Winner)
by Solomon Northup
Paperback: 152 pages
Publisher: Cadence Press
List Price: $6.99
Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup is a memoir of a black man who was born free in New York state but kidnapped, sold into slavery and kept in bondage for 12 years in Louisiana before the American Civil War. He provided details of slave markets in Washington, DC, as well as describing at length cotton cultivation on major plantations in Louisiana.
- Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass
- When I Was a Slave: Memoirs from the Slave Narrative Collection (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Uncle Tom's Cabin (Dover Thrift Editions)
- The Souls of Black Folk (Dover Thrift Editions)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.