Getting Your Sh*t Together: The Ultimate Business Manual for Every Practicing Artist
by Karen Atkinson
Paperback: 424 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
List Price: $29.00
Your Price: $24.32
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Far too often artists find themselves having to compromise their art and their life because they were not taught accurate up-to-date methods for dealing with business situations. Because of this lack of preparedness artists miss out on valuable opportunities, financial rewards, and access to receptive audiences. This book aims to help all artists everywhere avoid these pitfalls and get on the track to success on their own terms. Whether you are a gallery- bound artist, a public artist, an emerging artist, a hobbyist, a crafts-person, a student, or a seasoned artist in need of a tune up, this manual is meant for you. This comprehensive book is informed by decades of experience and years of research into how to perform as a professional artist in the 21st century art world (or worlds). This book is filled with easy-to-follow instructions that will help you do everything -- archive your work, start a mailing list, write a grant, and everything else you can think of. This straightforward book even addresses topics you may not think you need to know about now, but you sure will later! Consider this a handbook for all your artistic endeavors. This book is written and designed to empower you to take your future into your own hands.
- ART/WORK: Everything You Need to Know (and Do) As You Pursue Your Art Career
- The Artist's Guide: How to Make a Living Doing What You Love
- Taking the Leap: Building a Career as a Visual Artist (The Insider's Guide to Exhibiting and Selling Your Art)
- How to Survive and Prosper as an Artist: Selling Yourself Without Selling Your Soul
- The Profitable Artist: A Handbook for All Artists in the Performing, Literary, and Visual Arts
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.