Knowledge of self: Understanding the mind of the Black male
by Steven Kniffley PsyD
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
List Price: $10.00
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Factors such as homicide, imprisonment, under employment, and limited access to educational opportunities have contributed to the labeling of Black men as an “endangered species.” Utilizing the sociohistorical context of intergenerational trauma as a foundation, “Knowledge of Self: Understanding the mind of the Black male,” examines four factors related to Black male identity development including: Black masculinity, anger/aggression, emotional restriction, and racial/ethnic identity. This text is designed to serve as an empowering resource for Black men, and the helping professionals that work with them, through awareness, self-reflection, and skill building.
- Think Outside the Cell: An Entrepreneur's Guide for the Incarcerated and Formerly Incarcerated
- Knowledge of Self: A Collection of Wisdom on the Science of Everything in Life
- 120 Degree Lessons:: The Knowledge of Self For The Black Man
- How to Hustle and Win: A Survival Guide for the Ghetto, Part 1
- Message to the Blackman in America
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.