Knowledge of self: Understanding the mind of the Black male
by Steven Kniffley PsyD
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
List Price: $10.00
Your Price: $7.65
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Factors such as homicide, imprisonment, under employment, and limited access to educational opportunities have contributed to the labeling of Black men as an “endangered species.” Utilizing the sociohistorical context of intergenerational trauma as a foundation, “Knowledge of Self: Understanding the mind of the Black male,” examines four factors related to Black male identity development including: Black masculinity, anger/aggression, emotional restriction, and racial/ethnic identity. This text is designed to serve as an empowering resource for Black men, and the helping professionals that work with them, through awareness, self-reflection, and skill building.
- Knowledge of Self: A Collection of Wisdom on the Science of Everything in Life
- The Black Man's Guide to Graduate School
- How to Hustle and Win, Part Two: Rap, Race and Revolution
- Message to the Blackman in America
- Locked Up but Not Locked Down: A Guide to Surviving the American Prison System
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.