Escape Essay Hell!: A Step-by-Step Guide to Writing Narrative College Application Essays
by Janine W. Robinson
Paperback: 76 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
List Price: $10.98
Your Price: $9.87
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Escape Essay Hell! is a fast-and-easy guide to writing narrative-style essays for college application essays. Janine Robinson, a former journalist, professional writer and English teacher who has tutored college-bound students on these essays for years, acts as a personal writing coach to guide and cheer students through this dreaded process. College admissions "experts" advise students to "Tell a story," or "Make the essay about you!," or "Be an individual." And this is all correct. But no one ever explains exactly HOW they can do this. Until now. In her motivating guide, Janine takes students through 10 simple steps to find engaging topics and then craft compelling "slice-of-life" essays using storytelling writing techniques. Students will learn how to identify their unique defining qualities, power their essays with engaging mini-stories called anecdotes, and use an effective Show and Tell writing formula. Escape Essay Hell! helps students write personal statements for The Common Application, state universities, private colleges, graduate school, transfer and scholarship essays. By following these informative and inspiring steps, students will escape Essay Hell in no time at all--and have their best shot at landing in their dream school (often despite less-than-stellar grades and test scores)! For more help, go to www.EssayHell.com, where more than 2 million visitors have found writing tips, strategies and advice.
- Heavenly Essays: 50 Narrative College Application Essays That Worked
- Conquering the College Admissions Essay in 10 Steps, Second Edition: Crafting a Winning Personal Statement
- On Writing the College Application Essay, 25th Anniversary Edition: The Key to Acceptance at the College of Your Choice
- Essay Hell's Prompts Primer: 2015-16 Strategies for the Common App, UC, Transfer and Other College Application Essays
- How to Prepare a Standout College Application: Expert Advice that Takes You from LMO* (*Like Many Others) to Admit
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.