Escape Essay Hell!: A Step-by-Step Guide to Writing Narrative College Application Essays
by Janine W. Robinson
Paperback: 76 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
List Price: $11.98
Your Price: $10.19
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Escape Essay Hell! is a fast-and-easy guide to writing narrative-style essays for college application essays. Janine Robinson, an English teacher and professional writer who has tutored college-bound students on these essays for years, acts as a personal writing coach to guide and cheer students through this dreaded process. College admissions "experts" tell students to "Tell a story," or "Make the essay about you!," or "Be an individual." And this is all correct. But no one ever explains exactly HOW they can do this. Until now. In her motivating guide, Janine takes students through 10 simple steps to find engaging topics and then craft compelling essays using storytelling writing techniques. Students will learn how to identify their unique defining qualities, write engaging mini-stories called anecdotes, and use a powerful Show and Tell writing formula. Escape Essay Hell! can help students write personal statements and respond to prompts for The Common Application, public university, private college, supplemental, graduate school and scholarship essays. By following these informative and inspiring steps, students will escape Essay Hell in no time at all--and have their best shot at landing in their dream school!
- Heavenly Essays: 50 Narrative College Application Essays That Worked
- Essay Hell's 2014-15 Prompts Primer: Strategies for the Common App, UC, Transfer and Other College Application Essays
- How to Prepare a Standout College Application: Expert Advice that Takes You from LMO* (*Like Many Others) to Admit
- Conquering the College Admissions Essay in 10 Steps, Second Edition: Crafting a Winning Personal Statement
- On Writing the College Application Essay, 25th Anniversary Edition: The Key to Acceptance at the College of Your Choice
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.