Twelve Years a Slave
by Solomon Northup
Paperback: 156 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
List Price: $5.30
The most credible and telling contemporaneous portrait of American slavery. In 1841, Solomon Northup was betrayed, kidnapped, and sold as a slave in the pre-Civil War South. This is the true, shocking story of the twelve years Northup spent in slavery. A testimony to the strength of one man s spirit and his remarkable will to survive.
- Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Constructing the American Past: A Source Book of a People's History, Volume 1 (7th Edition)
- Uncle Tom's Cabin (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass
- When I Was a Slave: Memoirs from the Slave Narrative Collection (Dover Thrift Editions)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.