The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide To Character Expression
by Angela Ackerman, Becca Puglisi
Paperback: 172 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
List Price: $14.99
Your Price: $13.49
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
One of the biggest problem areas for writers is conveying a character's emotions to the reader in a unique, compelling way. This book comes to the rescue by highlighting 75 emotions and listing the possible body language cues, thoughts, and visceral responses for each. Using its easy-to-navigate list format, readers can draw inspiration from character cues that range in intensity to match any emotional moment. The Emotion Thesaurus also tackles common emotion-related writing problems and provides methods to overcome them. This writing tool encourages writers to show, not tell emotion and is a creative brainstorming resource for any fiction project.
- The Negative Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Flaws
- How to Write Dazzling Dialogue: The Fastest Way to Improve Any Manuscript
- The Positive Trait Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Attributes (Writers Helping Writers)
- Outlining Your Novel: Map Your Way to Success
- Outlining Your Novel Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises for Planning Your Best Book
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.