Working with Words: A Handbook for Media Writers and Editors
by Brian S. Brooks, James L. Pinson, Jean Gaddy Wilson
Spiral-bound: 416 pages
Publisher: Bedford/St. Martin's
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
No matter what the medium, from print to broadcast to digital, Working with Words presents the best writing advice for journalists. It is designed to help students gain the grammatical and stylistic skills they need and then serve as a reference throughout their careers. Written by working journalists, with parts devoted to grammar and mechanics as well as journalistic style and writing for different media, it offers coverage the Associated Press Stylebook does not — and it’s affordably priced at 30-50% less than competing texts. The new edition contains tools that make it even easier to navigate, tackles the unique issues inherent to writing for online media, and offers improved grammar and writing instruction.
- Exercise Book for Working With Words
- The Associated Press Stylebook 2014 (Associated Press Stylebook and Briefing on Media Law)
- The Associated Press Stylebook 2013 (Associated Press Stylebook and Briefing on Media Law)
- Writing for the Mass Media (9th Edition)
- News Reporting and Writing
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.