Monkey Mind: A Memoir of Anxiety
by Daniel Smith
Hardcover: 224 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
List Price: $25.00
Daniel Smith’s Monkey Mind is the stunning articulation of what it is like to live with anxiety. As he travels through anxiety’s demonic layers, Smith defangs the disorder with great humor and evocatively expresses its self-destructive absurdities and painful internal coherence. Aaron Beck, the most influential doctor in modern psychotherapy, says that “Monkey Mind does for anxiety what William Styron’s Darkness Visible did for depression.” Neurologist and bestselling writer Oliver Sacks says, “I read Monkey Mind with admiration for its bravery and clarity….I broke out into explosive laughter again and again.” Here, finally, comes relief and recognition to all those who want someone to put what they feel, or what their loved ones feel, into words.
- Darkness Visible: A Memoir of Madness
- The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques: Understanding How Your Brain Makes You Anxious and What You Can Do to Change It
- Far From the Tree: Parents, Children and the Search for Identity
- An Ethic For Enemies: Forgiveness in Politics
- My Age of Anxiety: Fear, Hope, Dread, and the Search for Peace of Mind
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.