American Accent Training with 5 Audio CDs
by Ann Cook
Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: Barron's Educational Series
List Price: $39.99
Your Price: $28.79
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This new and expanded third edition of American Accent Training with 5 new audio CDs has four all-new chapters that cover the psychology of accent acquisition, American voice quality, a pronunciation overview, and an ESL instructor's guide. The new CDs feature professional male and female voices that have been carefully selected to represent that perfect American accent. With 30 years of extensive research, the unique AAT methodology has been refined to teach the American sound quickly and easily, paying special attention to:
American Accent Training also offers detailed nationality guides for ten languages and accent variations: Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Korean, Arabic, and the US Southern accent. Added features include access to comprehensive websites, and referral to a qualified telephone analyst for individual help. American Accent Training has been Americanizing the speaking habits of students and business people since 1991. Going where no accent book has gone before, AAT continues to set the standard for anyone learning or teaching the American accent.
- English the American Way: A Fun ESL Guide to Language & Culture in the U.S. w/Audio CD & MP3 (English as a Second Language Series)
- Mastering the American Accent
- McGraw-Hill's Conversational American English: The Illustrated Guide to Everyday Expressions of American English (McGraw-Hill ESL References)
- Perfecting Your English Pronunciation with DVD
- American Accent Training: Grammar with Audio CDs
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.