Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach, 6e
by Elizabeth M. Varcarolis RN MA, Margaret Jordan Halter PhD PMHCNS
Hardcover: 864 pages
List Price: $102.00
The 6th edition of this market-leading textbook offers a clear, straightforward way to understand the often intimidating subject of psychiatric mental health nursing. Its practical, clinical perspective and user-friendly writing style help you quickly master key concepts. Clinical chapters follow the nursing process framework and progress from theory to application with a wealth of real-world examples to prepare you for practice.
- UNIQUE! A conversational, user-friendly writing style helps you quickly grasp complex psychiatric mental health nursing concepts.
- Clinical chapters are logically and consistently organized with sections on the clinical picture, epidemiology, comorbidity, etiology, and application of the nursing process.
- Clinical chapters follow the nursing process, providing you with consistent guidelines for comprehensive assessment and intervention.
- Vignettes prepare you for real-world practice with personal, descriptive characterizations of patients with specific psychiatric disorders.
- Coverage of psychopharmacology in clinical chapters familiarizes you with specific drug treatment options, including the most commonly used drugs and important nursing considerations for their use.
- Assessment Guidelines boxes list essential guidelines for comprehensive patient assessment.
- Case Studies with Nursing Care Plans present individualized histories of patients with specific psychiatric disorders and include interventions with rationales and evaluation statements for each patient goal.
- A separate chapter on cultural implications, as well as Considering Culture boxes throughout the text, provides essential information on culture, worldviews, and techniques for providing culturally competent care.
- Coverage of treatment and recovery in the community addresses the need for successful ongoing psychiatric mental health nursing care in the community setting.
- A chapter on end-of-life care examines the psychological impact of terminal illness and death on patients, families, and nurses.
- Updated nursing process and clinical chapters keep you current with the latest ANA Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice.
- An increased focus on health promotion and recovery reflects federal, state, and local initiatives to improve screening methods, patient and family teaching, rehabilitation, and community treatment options for people who have mental illnesses.
- Enhanced Evidence-Based Practice boxes emphasize the profound impact of research-and your potential role in that process-on the advancement of psychiatric treatment options.
- A new chapter on sleep disorders covers the most common sleep disturbances and their relationships to psychiatric illness, as well as the nurse's role in their assessment and management.
- A new chapter on sexual dysfunction and sexual disorders examines the complex issue of sexual behavior and provides the information you need to conduct a sexual assessment, identify sexual dysfunctions and disorders, recognize nursing implications, and formulate interventions.
- Maternal Child Nursing Care, 4e
- Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 8e
- Mosby's Nursing PDQ for Critical Care, 2e
- Mosby's PDQ for RN: Practical, Detailed, Quick, 3e
- Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, 8th Edition
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.