Nursing Today: Transition and Trends, 6e (NURSING TODAY: TRANSITION & TRENDS ( ZERWEKH))
by JoAnn Zerwekh MSN EdD RN, Jo Carol Claborn MS RN
Paperback: 640 pages
List Price: $54.95
This bestselling issues & trends textbook gives you a broad understanding of the problems and opportunities you will face as you make the transition from student to practicing nurse. While most of your studies have focused on learning how to care for the patient, this text teaches you the practical skills essential to managing the business side of your nursing career, including tips on resume writing and interviewing techniques, how to prepare for the NCLEX-RN exam, and effective ways to communicate and handle conflict in the work place. This new edition includes two new chapters on Emergency Preparedness and Building Nursing Management Skills plus numerous chapters that have been updated with the most relevant topics necessary for today’s nursing student.
- Each chapter features lively cartoons, chapter objectives and exercises, boxed information, and critical thinking questions to keep you focused on pertinent information.
- The Role Transitions chapter orients you to the content and leads off the topics covered in the textbook.
- Continued coverage of current issues in the Workplace Issues chapter includes updated content on sexual harassment, needle stick injury and other topics.
- Employment Considerations chapter combines in-depth coverage on seeking employment, resume writing and interviewing techniques.
- NCLEX-RN and the New Graduate is an entire chapter featuring valuable tips on how to prepare for and successfully pass the exam.
- Evolve companion website includes Case Studies, Test Taking Strategies, a sample NCLEX Test Tutorial, a sample NCLEX Test, plus access to Resume Maker templates for creating professional resumes and cover letters.
- UNIQUE! New Emergency Preparedness chapter provides an in-depth look at bioterrorism and rapid response teams.
- UNIQUE! The revised and newly titled Building Nursing Management Skills chapter focuses on how to manage your time, get organized, develop and use communication skills, and delegate.
- UNIQUE! New Evidence-Based Practice boxes convey the research element in the topics covered.
- Updated chapter on Personal Management: Time and Self-care Strategies includes information on how to manage and balance your personal and professional time.
- Updated Nursing Education chapter includes current information on credentialing, registration and licensing, certification and accreditation.
- Updated Image of Nursing: Influences of the Present chapter describes the nurse’s role, the traditional role of the nurse, and nurses as advocates, teachers, colleagues and managers.
- Updated Table of Contents improves the flow of material covered to make it easier for you to quickly find and learn important topics.
- Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX Examination, 3e
- Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach, 6e
- Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 6e (Saunders Comprehensive Review for Nclex-Rn)
- Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination, 5th Edition
- Critical Thinking and Clinical Judgement: A Practical Approach to Outcome-Focused Thinking
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.