Creating Effective Teams: A Guide for Members and Leaders
by Susan A. Wheelan
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: Sage Publications, Inc
List Price: $42.00
A practical guide for building and sustaining top-performing teams
Readers will gain practical skills for navigating, from a group’s creation to maintaining highly effective teams. Packed with straightforward strategies for building and supporting well-managed, high performing teams, this book examines why teams are important, how they function, and what makes them productive.
New to the Third Edition:
- Diversity within teams. Discussions have been added throughout the text, focusing on how different ethnic and cultural groups may have differing perceptions of group interactions. The book details specific strategies for respecting divergent beliefs while remaining effective.
- More real-life examples and problem-solving skills. Step-by-step directions for becoming a high-performing team are included.
- New checklists and self-evaluations. Building on those included in the Second Edition, these provide even more information on the reader’s personal leader or team member style.
- Research references added. Readers are provided with the theory and research background for the practical, application-based material in the text.
A bestseller in previous editions, Creating Effective Teams, Third Edition is intended for students and team leaders and members in organizational studies, management, human resources, social psychology, education, group studies, leadership, sociology and communication.
- HBR's Must Reads Boxed Set (6 Books) (HBR's 10 Must Reads)
- The Leadership Moment: Nine True Stories of Triumph and Disaster and Their Lessons for Us All
- Making the Team (4th Edition)
- Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America
- The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.