Psychological Assessment and Report Writing
by Karen B. Goldfinger, Andrew M. (Mark) Pomerantz
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc
List Price: $59.00
Your Price: $51.81
Availability: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
Outlining a step-by-step assessment model, Psychological Assessment and Report Writing covers five key topics central to psychological assessment: understanding the context of a referral, determining what data is needed to answer referral questions, gathering the data, integrating the data, and communicating the findings. Authors Karen Goldfinger and Andrew M. Pomerantz review each component, providing how-to instructions and alerting readers to a myriad of issues they must consider in conducting assessments in clinical, forensic, or educational environments.
Filled with varied case examples that promote interest and meet instructional requirements, the book uses sidebars and questionand- answer sections to encourage readers to consider their own case material and use critical thinking skills as they review each section of the model.
- Integrates a solid review of measures of assessment, including practical advice on how to write related assessment reports
- Provides information in a logical sequence that mirrors the types of experiences students will encounter in real-world assessment and report writing
- Includes historical perspectives in Chapter 1
- Discusses the ethical, diversity, and multicultural issues students will encounter in assessment
- Covers the various aspects of gathering information
- Offers content relevant to a wide range of mental health professionals
This text is appropriate for courses in psychological assessment and report writing offeredin graduate programs in clinical, counseling, and school psychology.
- Principles and Applications of Assessment in Counseling, 4th Edition
- Handbook of Psychological Assessment
- Groups: Process and Practice (Group Counseling)
- Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy, Fifth Edition
- The Counseling Practicum and Internship Manual: A Resource for Graduate Counseling Students
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.