Fiske Guide to Colleges 2014
by Edward Fiske
Paperback: 864 pages
List Price: $23.99
Your Price: $18.29
Availability: Usually ships in 1 to 4 weeks
For more than 30 years The Fiske Guide to Colleges has been the leading resource on over 300 colleges and universities, helping college-bound students, parents, and guidance counselors find the top schools to meet every high school grad's needs. Compiled from questionnaires sent to administrators and students at public and private institutions across the US, UK, and Canada, this #1 bestselling guide provides an insider's look at the academic climates, student body demographics, dorms, and social life and for all the top schools-including the strengths and weaknesses (something you won't see on college websites) and Fiske's exclusive quality-of-life ratings.
You'll find information on everything from college prices, scholarships and financial aid to fraternities, sororities and sports programs-all organized for easy cross-referencing and comparison. Hip, honest, and straightforward with listings that include "best buys" as well as the "best and most interesting schools", The Fiske Guide to Colleges can play matchmaker to help you connect with the best school to meet your requirements.
– Fiske's exclusive academic, social and quality-of-life ratings
– The 40+ schools that deliver the best education at the most reasonable costs
– Lists of each school's strongest majors and programs
– Candid tips from each school's current students
– A self-quiz to help understand which college is right for a student
– Vital information on how to apply
– "Overlap" listings to help students expand their options
– Selectivity statistics and SAT and ACT ranges
What Makes Fiske Guide College Ratings Different?
Since 1982, the Fiske Guide to Colleges has been conducting in-depth evaluations and student satisfaction surveys on the top colleges and universities. It has developed one of the most comprehensive collegiate databases available, and the only one including real feedback from students and schools then filtered through the eyes of Edward B. Fiske, former education editor of the NYT and a pioneer in the study of higher education. The independent, advertisement-free annual guide has become a standard part of college admissions literature and is now the country's best-selling college guide.
- The Best 378 Colleges, 2014 Edition (College Admissions Guides)
- Colleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools That Will Change the Way You Think About Colleges
- Best Colleges 2014
- Book of Majors 2014: All-New Eighth Edition (College Board Book of Majors)
- Admission Matters: What Students and Parents Need to Know About Getting into College
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.