Leverage Leadership: A Practical Guide to Building Exceptional Schools
by Paul Bambrick-Santoyo
Paperback: 416 pages
List Price: $34.95
Your Price: $24.49
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Paul Bambrick-Santoyo (Managing Director of Uncommon Schools) shows leaders how they can raise their schools to greatness by following a core set of principles. These seven principles, or "levers," allow for consistent, transformational, and replicable growth. With intentional focus on these areas, leaders will leverage much more learning from the same amount of time investment. Fundamentally, each of these seven levers answers the core questions of school leadership: What should an effective leader do, and how and when should they do it.
Aimed at all levels of school leadership, the book is for any principal, superintendent, or educator who wants to be a transformational leader. The book includes 30 video clips of top-tier leaders in action. These videos bring great schools to you, and support a deeper understanding of both the components of success and how it looks as a whole. There are also many helpful rubrics, extensive professional development tools, calendars, and templates.
- Explores the core principles of effective leadership
- Author's charter school, North Star Academy in Newark, New Jersey, received the highest possible award given by the U.S. Department of Education; the National Blue Ribbon
Print version includes an instructive DVD with 30 video clips to show how it looks in real life. E-book customers: please note that details on how to access the content from the DVD may be found in the e-book Table of Contents. Please see the section: "How to Access DVD Contents"
Bambrick-Santoyo has trained more than 1,800 school leaders nationwide in his work at Uncommon Schools and is a recognized expert on transforming schools to achieve extraordinary results.
- Driven by Data: A Practical Guide to Improve Instruction
- Teach Like a Champion: 49 Techniques that Put Students on the Path to College (K-12)
- Practice Perfect: 42 Rules for Getting Better at Getting Better
- Great Habits, Great Readers: A Practical Guide for K-4 Reading in the Light of Common Core
- Leaders of Learning: How District, School, and Classroom Leaders Improve Student Achievement
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.