Death by Food Pyramid: How Shoddy Science, Sketchy Politics and Shady Special Interests Have Ruined Our Health
by Denise Minger
Hardcover: 300 pages
Publisher: Primal Nutrition, Inc.
List Price: $24.95
Your Price: $19.26
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Warning: Shock and outrage will grip you as you dive into this one-of-a-kind exposé. Shoddy science, sketchy politics, and shady special interests have shaped American Dietary recommendations--and destroyed our nation's health--over recent decades. The phrase "death by food pyramid" isn't shock-value sensationalism, but the tragic consequence of following federal advice and corporate manipulation in pursuit of health.
In Death by Food Pyramid, Denise Minger exposes the forces that overrode common sense and solid science to launch a pyramid phenomenon that bled far beyond US borders to taint the eating habits of the entire developed world.
Minger explores how generations of flawed pyramids and plates endure as part of the national consciousness, and how the "one size fits all" diet mentality these icons convey pushes us deeper into the throes of obesity and disease. Regardless of whether you're an omnivore or vegan, research junkie or science-phobe, health novice or seasoned dieter, Death by Food Pyramid will reframe your understanding of nutrition science--and inspire you to take your health, and your future, into your own hands.
- The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet
- Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar--Your Brain's Silent Killers
- Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It
- Misguided Medicine: The truth behind ill-advised medical recommendations and how to take health back into your hands
- Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.