The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance
by Jeff S. Volek, Stephen D. Phinney
Paperback: 172 pages
Publisher: Beyond Obesity LLC
List Price: $8.95
Your Price: $8.06
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
A Revolutionary Program to Extend Your Physical and Mental Performance Envelope.
Our recent book 'The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living' was written for health care professionals, championing the benefits of carbohydrate restriction to manage insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, and type-2 diabetes.
In response, our athlete friends asked "What about us?"
This companion book is our answer, and it could be titled: 'The Art and Science of Avoiding the BONK'.
But actually, it is much much more than that. The keto-adapted athlete benefits from superior fuel flow not only when nearing glycogen depletion, but also during training, recovery, and in response to resistance exercise as well.
"On a well designed ketogenic diet as recommended by Jeff and Steve, I consume up to 4200 Calories per day while maintaining 6-7% body fat. This transformation has increased my power to mass ratio and allows a high level of performance in a range of activities. Equally if not more important is the efficiency with which I operate in every facet of my life. My energy level in the keto-adapted state is constant and nver undulates." Tony Ricci, MS, CSCS, LDN, CISSN, CNS. High Performance Coach/Sports Nutritionist
- The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living: An Expert Guide to Making the Life-Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate Restriction Sustainable and Enjoyable
- A Low Carbohydrate, Ketogenic Diet Manual: No Sugar, No Starch Diet
- Fat Fast Cookbook: 50 Easy Recipes to Jump Start Your Low Carb Weight Loss
- Cholesterol Clarity: What The HDL Is Wrong With My Numbers?
- Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.