The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living: An Expert Guide to Making the Life-Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate Restriction Sustainable and Enjoyable
by Stephen D. Phinney, Jeff S. Volek
Paperback: 316 pages
Publisher: Beyond Obesity LLC
List Price: $19.95
Your Price: $17.94
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Carbohydrate restricted diets are commonly practiced but seldom taught. As a result, doctors, dietitians, nutritionists, and nurses may have strong opinions about low carbohydrate dieting, but in many if not most cases, these views are not grounded in science.
- Carbohydrate restriction is the proverbial 'silver bullet' for managing insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome and type-2 diabetes.
- Restricting carbohydrate improves blood glucose and lipids while reducing inflammation, all without drugs.
- Dietary saturated fat is not a demon when you are low carb adapted.
- Dietary sugars and refined starches are not needed to feed your brain or fuel exercise.
- Long-term success involves much more than simply cutting out carbs.
- Electrolyte and mineral management are key to avoiding side effects and ensuring success.
- Trading up from sugars and starches to a cornucopia of nutrient-rich, satisfying, and healthy foods is empowering.
- Studying hunter-gathers' diets provides clues to how best formulate a low carbohydrate diet.
- The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance
- A Low Carbohydrate, Ketogenic Diet Manual: No Sugar, No Starch Diet
- Fat Fast Cookbook: 50 Easy Recipes to Jump Start Your Low Carb Weight Loss
- New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great.
- Keto Living Cookbook: Lose Weight with 101 Delicious and Low Carb Ketogenic Recipes
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.