The Methods and Skills of History: A Practical Guide
by Conal Furay, Michael J. Salevouris
Paperback: 294 pages
List Price: $28.95
Your Price: $24.91
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Like its predecessors, the third edition of one of our mostpopular texts, The Methods and Skills of History: A PracticalGuide, is a dynamic text/workbook that combines theory with "handson" practice, providing engaging essays, documents, and exercisesdesigned to make history more meaningful and accessible to studentreaders—whether they are majoring in history, taking ahistory course as an elective, or simply reading history on theirown—as well as strengthen their critical-thinking andcommunication skills.
While this third edition retains the essence of its highlysuccessful predecessor in the form of its practical, timely adviceon research and writing and “field-tested” exercises,it features important modifications as well, including areorganization of the chapters to progress even more smoothly froma theoretical discussion of the nature of history (Part I), topractical considerations involved in confronting historicalaccounts (Part II) to actually “doing” history (PartIII). The final section (Part IV) provides a brief overview of howhistory as a discipline evolved and how it relates to otheracademic disciplines, as well as appendices that compriseinteresting historical documents and helpful source references andbibliographies.
More to Explore: See More History Guides
- History and Historians (7th Edition)
- The Essential Historiography Reader
- A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, Eighth Edition: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing)
- Going to the Sources: A Guide to Historical Research and Writing
- The Historian's Toolbox: A Student's Guide to the Theory and Craft of History, Third Edition
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.