Louisiana: A History
by Light Townsend Cummins, Judith Kelleher Schafer, Edward F. Haas, Michael L. Kurtz
Paperback: 513 pages
List Price: $36.95
Your Price: $32.44
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
From its ancient Indian peoples to its troubled beginning as a French colony to the tragic events of Hurricane Katrina, Louisiana has a history that, whatever else one might say about the state, has never been dull. This fifth edition of our classic survey history of Louisiana reflects a re-examination on the part of its esteemed team of authors of recent historical findings as well as of their own research, ensuring that Louisiana: A History will continue to present the most comprehensive and current account of the many different peoples that have and currently do make the rich, colorful land known as Louisiana their home.
- Louisiana Legacies: Readings in the History of the Pelican State
- Messiah of the Masses: Huey P. Long and the Great Depression (Library of American Biography Series)
- Carnival of Fury: Robert Charles and the New Orleans Race Riot of 1900
- Twelve Years a Slave (Penguin Classics)
- Creole New Orleans: Race and Americanization
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.