The Rise of Islam (Greenwood Guides to Historic Events of the Medieval World)
by Matthew S. Gordon
Paperback: 240 pages
Publisher: Hackett Publishing Company, Inc.
List Price: $16.00
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
"What sets this text apart from many others is its focus on the socioeconomic, political, and cultural milieu in which a new religious movement was born and has thrived; its discussion of the origins of Islamic law, spirituality and theology, mysticism, philosophy, and culture; and an appendix of individual page-length biographies of important figures. Also included is a helpful glossary of terms, a 'photo essay,' selections from primary sources, and an annotated bibliography..." - "The Historian".
- Buddhism in Chinese History
- The Modern Middle East: A History
- The Bhagavad-Gita : Krishna's Counsel in Time of War (Bantam Classics)
- Samarkand (Interlink World Fiction)
- EasyWriter with 2009 MLA and 2010 APA Updates: A Pocket Reference
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.