Taking the Leap: Building a Career as a Visual Artist (The Insider's Guide to Exhibiting and Selling Your Art)
by Cay Lang
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Chronicle Books
List Price: $19.95
Your Price: $15.79
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Cay Lang's Taking the Leap has helped thousands of artists jumpstart their careers and make real the dream of exhibiting and selling their work. An internationally exhibited photographer and teacher, Lang offers the wisdom of experience, combined with enthusiasm and gentle humor, to guide artists through the ins and outs of the art business. Practical and inspiring, this revised and updated edition offers two new chapterson using the Internet and the media to best effectplus provides step-by-step advice on preparing presentation materials; finding and dealing with galleries (as well as bypassing the traditional gallery system); handling rights, royalties, and taxes; an extensive resource list; and other invaluable information for both beginning artists and those ready to take the next step in their careers.
- ART/WORK: Everything You Need to Know (and Do) As You Pursue Your Art Career
- How to Survive and Prosper as an Artist: Selling Yourself Without Selling Your Soul
- The Artist's Guide: How to Make a Living Doing What You Love
- Making It in the Art World: New Approaches to Galleries, Shows, and Raising Money
- The Artist's Guide to Grant Writing: How to Find Funds and Write Foolproof Proposals for the Visual, Literary, and Performing Artist
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.