Best Interests of the Student: Applying Ethical Constructs to Legal Cases in Education
by Jacqueline A. Stefkovich
Paperback: 192 pages
List Price: $41.95
This text for educational leadership courses presents a theoretical model based on the 'best interests of the student' for examining legal and ethical dimensions of court cases. It:
- provides an examination of both law and ethics pertinent to all educators but aimed specifically at school leaders
- introduces an ethical decision-making model that focuses on strategies for determining what actions are in the 'best interests of the student'
- demonstrates the application of this theoretical model to practical, authentic situations arising from court decisions.
In the past decade there has been recognition of the need, as well as increased demand for, training courses in ethics for school professionals. The Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium standards for the licensing of school administrators require school leaders to possess knowledge of various ethical frameworks and perspectives, to be committed to bringing ethical principles to the decision-making process, and to be committed to developing a caring school community. These standards are reflected in licensing examinations for school administrators and in school leadership training program requirements as set forth by agencies such as the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). This text is designed to prepare school leaders to meet these licensure requirements. It is specifically intended for upper-undergraduate and master’s level courses in educational administration, school leadership, and supervision programs, as well as courses in educational foundations and educational policy.
- Ethical Leadership and Decision Making in Education: Applying Theoretical Perspectives to Complex Dilemmas, Third Edition
- Appreciative Team Building: Positive Questions to Bring Out the Best of Your Team
- A Teacher's Pocket Guide to School Law (2nd Edition)
- Whistling Vivaldi: How Stereotypes Affect Us and What We Can Do (Issues of Our Time)
- Law and Ethics in Educational Leadership (2nd Edition) (Allyn & Bacon Educational Leadership)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.