A Short History of World War II
by James L. Stokesbury
Paperback: 416 pages
Publisher: William Morrow
List Price: $15.99
Your Price: $13.02
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Despite the numerous books on World War II, until now there has been no one-volume survey that was both objective and comprehensive. Previous volumes have usually been written from an exclusively British or American point of view, or have ignored the important causes and consequences of the War.
A Short History of World War II is essentially a military history, but it reaches from the peace settlements of World War I to the drastically altered postwar world of the late 1940's. Lucidly written and eminently readable, it is factual and accurate enough to satisfy professional historians. A Short History of World War II will appeal equally to the general reader, the veteran who fought in the War, and the student interested in understanding the contemporary political world.
- A Short History of World War I
- The Chinese Civil War 1945-49 (Essential Histories)
- The Historical Atlas of World War II (Historical Atlas Series)
- Concise Historical Atlas of World War Two: The Geography of Conflict
- Scars of War, Wounds of Peace: The Israeli-Arab Tragedy
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.