The Psychopath: Emotion and the Brain
by James Blair, Derek Mitchell, Karina Blair
Paperback: 216 pages
List Price: $40.95
Your Price: $24.50
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Psychopaths continue to be demonised by the media and estimates suggest that a disturbing percentage of the population has psychopathic tendencies. This timely and controversial new book summarises what we already know about psychopathy and antisocial behavior and puts forward a new case for its cause - with far-reaching implications.
- Presents the scientific facts of psychopathy and antisocial behavior.
- Addresses key questions, such as: What is psychopathy? Are there psychopaths amongst us? What is wrong with psychopaths? Is psychopathy due to nature or nurture? And can we treat psychopaths?
- Reveals the authors' ground-breaking research into whether an underlying abnormality in brain development leaves psychopaths with an inability to feel emotion or fear.
- The resulting theory could lead to early diagnosis and revolutionize the way society, the media and the state both views and contends with the psychopaths in our midst.
- Neuroethics: An Introduction with Readings (Basic Bioethics)
- The Science of Evil: On Empathy and the Origins of Cruelty
- Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us
- The Anatomy of Violence: The Biological Roots of Crime
- Women Who Love Psychopaths: Inside the Relationships of inevitable Harm With Psychopaths, Sociopaths & Narcissists
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.