Major Problems in the Early Republic Second Edition (Major Problems in American History)
by Sean Wilentz, Jonathan Earle
Paperback: 528 pages
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin
List Price: $122.95
Your Price: $99.15
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Designed to encourage critical thinking about history, the Major Problems in American History series introduces students to both primary sources and analytical essays on important topics in U.S. history. This text serves as the primary anthology, even the textbook, for the course, covering the subject's entire chronological span. With nearly 50% new documents, the Second Edition places greater emphasis on diplomacy and foreign affairs, popular culture, religion, and the history of national and group identities. Documents in each chapter identify key issues and capture the passionate spirit and conviction of the historical actors. The essay selections highlight classic and current scholarship on the social and cultural history of the early republic.
- Liberty and Power: The Politics of Jacksonian America
- A Shopkeeper's Millennium: Society and Revivals in Rochester, New York, 1815-1837
- The Long, Bitter Trail: Andrew Jackson and the Indians (Critical Issue)
- The Kingdom of Matthias: A Story of Sex and Salvation in 19th-Century America
- A House Divided: Sectionalism and Civil War, 1848-1865 (The American Moment)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.