The Ruby Programming Language
by David Flanagan, Yukihiro Matsumoto
Paperback: 448 pages
Publisher: O'Reilly Media
List Price: $39.99
Your Price: $26.20
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
The Ruby Programming Language is the authoritative guide to Ruby and provides comprehensive coverage of versions 1.8 and 1.9 of the language. It was written (and illustrated!) by an all-star team:
- Yukihiro "Matz" Matsumoto, creator, designer and lead developer of Ruby and author of Ruby in a Nutshell, which has been expanded and revised to become this book.
- why the lucky stiff, artist and Ruby programmer extraordinaire.
The book also includes a long and thorough introduction to the rich API of the Ruby platform, demonstrating -- with heavily-commented example code -- Ruby's facilities for text processing, numeric manipulation, collections, input/output, networking, and concurrency. An entire chapter is devoted to Ruby's metaprogramming capabilities.
The Ruby Programming Language documents the Ruby language definitively but without the formality of a language specification. It is written for experienced programmers who are new to Ruby, and for current Ruby programmers who want to challenge their understanding and increase their mastery of the language.
- Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby: An Agile Primer (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
- The Rails 4 Way (3rd Edition) (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
- Programming Ruby 1.9 & 2.0: The Pragmatic Programmers' Guide (The Facets of Ruby)
- Ruby Cookbook (Cookbooks (O'Reilly))
- The Well-Grounded Rubyist
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.