The Autistic Brain: Helping Different Kinds of Minds Succeed
by Temple Grandin, Richard Panek
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Mariner Books
List Price: $15.95
Your Price: $9.74
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Temple Grandin may be the most famous person with autism, a condition that affects 1 in 88 children. Since her birth in 1947, our understanding of it has undergone a great transformation, leading to more hope than ever before that we may finally learn the causes of and treatments for autism.
Weaving her own experience with remarkable new discoveries, Grandin introduces the advances in neuroimaging and genetic research that link brain science to behavior, even sharing her own brain scan to show which anomalies might explain common symptoms. Most excitingly, she argues that raising and educating kids on the autism spectrum must focus on their long-overlooked strengths to foster their unique contributions. The Autistic Brain brings Grandin’s singular perspective into the heart of the autism revolution.
"[Grandin’s] most insightful work to date . . . The Autistic Brain is something anyone could benefit from reading, and I recommend it to anyone with a personal or professional connection to autism or neurological difference."—John Elder Robison, author of Look Me in the Eye
"The Autistic Brain can both enlighten readers with little exposure to autism and offer hope and compassion to those who live with the condition."—Scientific American
- The Way I See It, Revised and Expanded 2nd Edition: A Personal Look at Autism and Asperger's
- Thinking in Pictures, Expanded Edition: My Life with Autism (Random House Movie Tie-In Books)
- Different . . . Not Less: Inspiring Stories of Achievement and Successful Employment from Adults with Autism, Asperger's, and ADHD
- Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew: Updated and Expanded Edition
- The Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships: Decoding Social Mysteries Through the Unique Perspectives of Autism
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.