Uncle Tom's Cabin (Dover Thrift Editions)
by Harriet Beecher Stowe
Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: Dover Publications
List Price: $5.00
Your Price: $2.82
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Stowe's characters are powerfully and humanly realized in Uncle Tom, a majestic and heroic slave whose faith and dignity are never corrupted; Eliza and her husband, George, who elude slave catchers and eventually flee a country that condones slavery; Simon Legree, a brutal plantation owner; Little Eva, who suffers emotionally and physically from the suffering of slaves; and fun-loving Topsy, Eva's slave playmate.
Critics, scholars, and students are today revisiting this monumental work with a new objectivity, focusing on Stowe's compelling portrayal of women and the novel's theological underpinnings.
- Humorous Stories and Sketches (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Up from Slavery (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Narrative of Sojourner Truth (Dover Thrift Editions)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.