Up from Slavery (Dover Thrift Editions)
by Booker T. Washington
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: Dover Publications
List Price: $2.50
Your Price: $2.25
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
A firm believer in the value of education as the best route to advancement, Washington disapproved of civil-rights agitation and in so doing earned the opposition of many black intellectuals. Yet, he is today regarded as a major figure in the struggle for equal rights, one who founded a number of organizations to further the cause and who worked tirelessly to educate and unite African-Americans.
- The Souls of Black Folk (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Narrative of Sojourner Truth (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Great Speeches by African Americans: Frederick Douglass
- Humorous Stories and Sketches (Dover Thrift Editions)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.