The Portable Guide to Testifying in Court for Mental Health Professionals: An A-Z Guide to Being an Effective Witness
by Barton E. Bernstein JD LMSW, Thomas L. Hartsell Jr. JD
Paperback: 288 pages
List Price: $80.00
Your Price: $70.56
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
A one-stop guide to testifying in court for mental health professionals
Even the most seasoned mental health professionals can find themselves unnerved by the prospect of appearing in court, especially when presented with it for the first time. Those in the mental health field usually have no formal preparation for testifying in court, even though they often play an important part in many types of cases.
The Portable Guide to Testifying in Court for Mental Health Professionals provides a concise yet comprehensive guide for practitioners preparing to appear in court. The authors employ their combined decades of legal work in the mental health field to provide a clear, no-nonsense handbook of what to expect, how to prepare, and what to look out for when testifying in court.
Along with a general introduction to courts and the legal system, the text details topics such as:
* Testifying both as an expert and involuntary witness
* Protecting clients when bringing therapy into testimony
* Preparing for testimony
* Tips to use and lawyers' tricks to look out for when testifying in court
Throughout the book, Bernstein and Hartsell use detailed case studies to provide specific examples. In addition, "legal light bulbs" offer important tips and facts, and appendices list relevant Web resources and provide common legal forms.
A one-of-a-kind resource, The Portable Guide to Testifying in Court for Mental Health Professionals gives a complete view of your role in courtroom proceedings, offering a vital tool for both legal and mental health practices.
- Supervision Can Be Playful: Techniques for Child and Play Therapist Supervisors
- Trial Consulting (American Psychology-Law Society Series)
- New Handbook Of Counseling Supervision
- The Portable Lawyer for Mental Health Professionals: An A-Z Guide to Protecting Your Clients, Your Practice, and Yourself
- Writing Forensic Reports: A Guide for Mental Health Professionals
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.