Job Searching with Social Media For Dummies
by Joshua Waldman
Paperback: 360 pages
Publisher: For Dummies
List Price: $19.99
Harness social media to land your dream job
For anyone looking for a first job, exploring a career change, or just setting up for future success, social media sites are proven platforms for facilitating connections, demonstrating passions and interests, and ultimately landing the job. Job Searching with Social Media For Dummies enables you to harness the power of the Internet to research and identify job opportunities, and then create a strategy for securing a position.
Job Searching with Social Media For Dummies features in-depth coverage of topics such as: creating effective online profiles and resumes to sell your strengths; maintaining your online reputation (and ensuring that employers who Google you like what they find) and understanding electronic etiquette; using the power of personal branding and building your brand online; avoiding common pitfalls, such as jumping into filling out a social media profile without a strategy; getting to know Twitter, the only real-time job board with literally thousands of jobs posted daily; using social media sites to uncover opportunities in the "hidden job market" ahead of the competition; and much more.
- Shows you how to easily harness social media sites
- Advice on how to brand yourself online
- Covers all of the latest and most popular social media sites: Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and more
If you're a recent graduate, changing careers, or have been away from the job-search scene for a while, turn to the trusted guidance and expert insight of Job Searching with Social Media For Dummies.
- The Social Media Job Search Workbook: Your step-by-step guide to finding work in the age of social media
- Resumes For Dummies
- LinkedIn For Dummies
- Job Interviews For Dummies
- The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success (Second Edition - Entirely Revised): Kick-start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.