Selecting Effective Treatments: A Comprehensive, Systematic Guide to Treating Mental Disorders
by Linda Seligman, Lourie W. Reichenberg
Paperback: 576 pages
List Price: $68.00
Your Price: $49.10
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
A systematic, research-based approach to the diagnosis and treatment of the major mental disorders found in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
This thoroughly revised and updated edition of Linda Seligman's classic book, Selecting Effective Treatments combines the latest research on evidence-based practices with practical, how-to information on implementation.
Filled with numerous illustrative case studies and helpful examples, this Fourth Edition features expanded coverage of:
Trauma and its effect across the lifespan, suicide assessment and prevention, and new treatment approaches, including mindfulness
Childhood disorders, including autism spectrum disorders, bipolar disorder, ADHD, and attachment disorder
Grief, loss, and bereavement
Diagnosis and treatment of depression, borderline personality disorder, the schizophrenia spectrum disorders, and the bipolar disorders
With a new discussion of treatment strategies for dual diagnosis, Selecting Effective Treatments, Fourth Edition provides a pathway for treatment of mental disorders based on the most recent evidence-based research, while at the same time recognizing that the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders are part of a dynamic and evolving field that embraces individuality and personalization.
- Diagnosis Made Easier: Principles and Techniques for Mental Health Clinicians
- Psychiatric Interviewing: the Art of Understanding A Practical Guide for Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Nurses, and Other Mental Health Professionals
- Clinician's Thesaurus, 7th Edition: The Guide to Conducting Interviews and Writing Psychological Reports (CLINICIAN'S TOOLBOX)
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition: DSM-5
- The Complete Adult Psychotherapy Treatment Planner (PracticePlanners)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.