Teach Like a Champion: 49 Techniques that Put Students on the Path to College (K-12)
by Doug Lemov
Paperback: 332 pages
List Price: $29.95
Your Price: $20.76
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Teach Like a Champion offers effective teaching techniques to help teachers, especially those in their first few years, become champions in the classroom. These powerful techniques are concrete, specific, and are easy to put into action the very next day. Training activities at the end of each chapter help the reader further their understanding through reflection and application of the ideas to their own practice.
Among the techniques:
- Technique #1: No Opt Out. How to move students from the blank stare or stubborn shrug to giving the right answer every time.
- Technique #35: Do It Again. When students fail to successfully complete a basic task, from entering the classroom quietly to passing papers around, doing it again, doing it right, and doing it perfectly, results in the best consequences.
- Technique #38: No Warnings. If you're angry with your students, it usually means you should be angry with yourself. This technique shows how to effectively address misbehaviors in your classroom.
- Teach Like a Champion Field Guide: A Practical Resource to Make the 49 Techniques Your Own
- Teach Like a Champion 2.0: 62 Techniques that Put Students on the Path to College
- The First Days of School: How to Be an Effective Teacher, 4th Edition
- THE Classroom Management Book
- A Practical Guide for Special Education Professionals
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.