Transformative Classroom Management: Positive Strategies to Engage All Students and Promote a Psychology of Success
by John Shindler
Paperback: 384 pages
List Price: $29.95
>A proven approach for encouraging the love of learning in the classroom>In this book, John Shindler, an expert on classroom management and school climate, describes the innovative technique of Transformative Classroom Management (TCM). He shows K???12 teachers how to improve teaching methods, student behavior, and student achievement by bringing out the positive feelings that naturally exist in the classroom. Shindler offers new strategies for creating a high-functioning class, developing a classroom social contract, dealing with challenging students, promoting a "psychology of success," and creating a climate defined by student responsibility and motivation.
John Shindler, PhD (Bellevue, WA), is an Associate Professor at California State University, Los Angeles, chair of the American Educational Research Association (AERA) Special Interest Group for School Climate, Culture, and Community, and codirector of the Western Alliance for the Study of School Climate.
- The Art and Science of Teaching: A Comprehensive Framework for Effective Instruction (Professional Development)
- Classroom Management for Middle and High School Teachers (8th Edition)
- Teach Like a Champion: 49 Techniques that Put Students on the Path to College (K-12)
- Classroom Management That Works: Research-Based Strategies for Every Teacher
- A Taxonomy for Learning, Teaching, and Assessing: A Revision of Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives, Abridged Edition
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.