Teaching As Leadership: The Highly Effective Teacher's Guide to Closing the Achievement Gap
by Teach For America, Steven Farr
Paperback: 352 pages
List Price: $22.95
Your Price: $15.26
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
A road map for teachers who strive to be highly effective leaders in our nation's classrooms
Teach For America has fought the daunting battle of educational equity for the last twenty years. Based on evidence from classrooms across the country, they've discovered much about effective teaching practice, and distilled these findings into the six principles presented in this book. The Teaching As Leadership framework inspires teachers to: Set Big Goals; Invest Students and Their Families; Plan Purposefully; Execute Effectively; Continuously Increase Effectiveness; Work Relentlessly. The results are better educational outcomes for our nation's children, particularly those who live in low-income communities.
- Inspires educators to be leaders in their classrooms and schools
- Demystifies what it means to be an effective teacher, describes key elements of practice and provides a clear vision of success
- Addresses the challenges every teacher, in every classroom, faces on a daily basis
An accompanying website includes a wealth of tools, videos, sample lessons, discussion boards, and case studies.
- A Chance to Make History: What Works and What Doesn't in Providing an Excellent Education for All
- Unfinished Business: Closing the Racial Achievement Gap in Our Schools
- Closing the Achievement Gap: A Vision for Changing Beliefs and Practices
- One Day, All Children...: The Unlikely Triumph Of Teach For America And What I Learned Along The Way
- Teach Like a Champion: 49 Techniques that Put Students on the Path to College (K-12)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.