Essentials of Screenwriting: The Art, Craft, and Business of Film and Television Writing
by Richard Walter
Paperback: 400 pages
List Price: $17.00
Your Price: $15.47
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Hollywood's premier teacher of screenwriting shares the secrets of writing and selling successful screenplays
Anyone fortunate enough to win a seat in Professor Richard Walter's legendary class at UCLA film school can be confident their career has just taken a quantum leap forward. His students have written more than ten projects for Steven Spielberg alone, plus hundreds of other Hollywood blockbusters and prestigious indie productions, including two recent Oscar winners for best original screenplay-Milk (2008) and Sideways (2006).
In this updated edition, Walter integrates his highly coveted lessons and principles from Screenwriting with material from his companion text, The Whole Picture, and includes new advice on how to turn a raw idea into a great movie or TV script-and sell it. There is never a shortage of aspiring screenwriters, and this book is their bible.
- Screenplay: The Foundations of Screenwriting
- The Screenwriter's Bible, 6th Edition: A Complete Guide to Writing, Formatting, and Selling Your Script (Expanded & Updated)
- Save The Cat! The Last Book on Screenwriting You'll Ever Need
- Write Screenplays That Sell: The Ackerman Way
- Story: Substance, Structure, Style and the Principles of Screenwriting
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.