Voices of Freedom: A Documentary History (Third Edition) (Vol. 1)
from W. W. Norton & Company
Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
The Third Edition of Voices of Freedom includes documents reflecting the global dimension of American history and remains a comprehensive collection that offers a diverse gathering of authors and a wide breadth of opinion.An invaluable supplement to the text, all the primary source documents address the theme of American freedom in its many dimensions. It is a compact, unintimidating collection, with documents of reasonable length. Each primary source is accompanied by a headnote and critical thinking questions written by Eric Foner.
New selections in the Third Edition, approximately 15 percent of the total, reflect the global theme in Give Me Liberty! These additional readings place American history more fully in a global context. The Third Edition also includes more documents per chapter, but cuts back on the length of the headnotes. The new edition remains the same size as the Second Edition and is a perfect length for packaging.
- Give Me Liberty! An American History, Vol. 1
- Voices of Freedom: A Documentary History (Third Edition) (Vol. 2)
- Give Me Liberty!: An American History (Seagull Fourth Edition) (Vol. 1)
- Voices of Freedom: A Documentary History (Fourth Edition) (Vol. 1) (Voices of Freedom (WW Norton))
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.