Give Me Liberty!: An American History (Brief Third Edition) (Vol. 1)
by Eric Foner
Paperback: 632 pages
Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company
The leading United States History survey text, now available in a brief, full-color edition.Give Me Liberty! is the leading book in the market because it works in the classroom. A single-author book, Give Me Liberty! offers students a consistent approach, a single narrative voice, and a coherent perspective throughout the text. Threaded through the chronological narrative is the theme of freedom in American history and the significant conflicts over its changing meanings, its limits, and its accessibility to various social and economic groups throughout American history. This streamlined edition, revised by author Eric Foner, is 30 percent shorter and includes a new pedagogical feature to help students read and review.
- Thinking Through the Past, Volume I
- Give Me Liberty!: An American History (Brief Third Edition) (Vol. 2)
- Voices of Freedom: A Documentary History (Third Edition) (Vol. 1)
- Abraham Lincoln, Slavery, and the Civil War: Selected Writing and Speeches (Bedford Cultural Editions Series)
- A Year in the South: 1865: The True Story of Four Ordinary People Who Lived Through the Most Tumultuous Twelve Months in American History
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.