Give Me Liberty!: An American History (Brief Third Edition) (Vol. 1)
by Eric Foner
Paperback: 632 pages
Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company
The leading United States History survey text, now available in a brief, full-color edition.Give Me Liberty! is the leading book in the market because it works in the classroom. A single-author book, Give Me Liberty! offers students a consistent approach, a single narrative voice, and a coherent perspective throughout the text. Threaded through the chronological narrative is the theme of freedom in American history and the significant conflicts over its changing meanings, its limits, and its accessibility to various social and economic groups throughout American history. This streamlined edition, revised by author Eric Foner, is 30 percent shorter and includes a new pedagogical feature to help students read and review.
- Voices of Freedom: A Documentary History (Third Edition) (Vol. 1)
- Give Me Liberty!: An American History (Brief Third Edition) (Vol. 2)
- Give Me Liberty! An American History, Vol. 1
- Thinking Through the Past, Volume I
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.