by Paul Laseau
Paperback: 112 pages
Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company
List Price: $17.95
Even in the computer age, freehand sketching is the designer’s most useful tool for notation, design exploration, and graphic communication.From basic skills to sketch construction using grids, frames, and shapes to the creation of tone, texture, color, and detail, and experimentation with digital rendering, Freehand Sketching helps you build your drawing skill and confidence through mastery of fundamentals. Carefully designed exercises guide you step by step in effective sketching in the studio and in the field. Also covered are helpful topics such as useful equipment, observation skills, framing and editing sketches, rendering people, and keeping a journal.
An array of the author’s lively sketches as well as examples from other architectural professionals fill the pages of Freehand Sketching, making this an ideal handbook for architecture and design students and all who wish to be more effective at visual communication.
- Watercolor Sketching: An Introduction
- Pencil Sketching, 2nd Edition
- Drawing Shortcuts: Developing Quick Drawing Skills Using Today's Technology
- The Art of Urban Sketching: Drawing On Location Around The World
- Architectural Drawing Course: Tools and Techniques for 2D and 3D Representation
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.