So What Are You Going to Do With That?: A Guide for M.A.'s and Ph.D's Seeking Careers Outside the Academy
by Susan Basalla, Maggie Debelius
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
List Price: $13.00
With the current dearth of tenure-track positions in academia, graduate students are more than ever in need of a guide to the alternative job market. Ph. D.'s take heart! As Susan Basalla and Maggie Debelius convincingly show you, you are more marketable than you might expect. Academics, whether they have completed a doctorate or not, already have the requisite skills to thrive beyond the academy. This comprehensive, practical, and potentially life-changing guide will help you find your way in the postacademic world.
The authors' advice is based on personal experience. Both have gone on to rewarding postacademic careers. They have conducted hundreds of interviews with former graduate students and professors, from every academic specialty. Their stories, combined with a wealth of practical advice, from the creation of a resume to interview etiquette, make this book an inspiring and useful tool.
- Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes a Day: A Guide to Starting, Revising, and Finishing Your Doctoral Thesis
- A PhD Is Not Enough!: A Guide to Survival in Science
- The Academic Job Search Handbook, 4th Edition
- Working Identity: Unconventional Strategies for Reinventing Your Career
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2014: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.