Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX Examination, 3e
by Linda A. LaCharity PhD RN, Candice K. Kumagai RN MSN, Barbara Bartz RN MN CCRN
Paperback: 256 pages
List Price: $39.95
Your Price: $32.61
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This is a Pageburst digital book; this title includes two parts: Pageburst Retail Access Card AND Evolve Access Card.
The only NCLEX review book on the market with a focus on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment - just like the current NCLEX Examination itself! Using a unique simple-to-complex approach, Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX® Examination, 3rd Edition establishes your foundational knowledge in management of care, then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on the NCLEX Examination's management-of-care focus addresses the heavy emphasis on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment in the current NCLEX Examination (17-23% of the 2013 NCLEX-RN Exam).
- UNIQUE! Three-part organization establishes foundational knowledge and then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills.
- Answer key at the back of the book offers a detailed rationale and an indication of the focus of the question to encourage formative assessment.
- Introduction chapter by delegation expert Ruth Hansten provides guidelines for prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment decisions as well as a concise, practical foundation on which Parts 2 and 3 build.
- Part 2: Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment in Common Health Scenarios give you practice in applying the principles from Part 1 with straightforward NCLEX-style multiple-choice, multiple-select, ordering, and short-answer questions to help you develop and build confidence in prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills while working within the confines of relatively simple health scenarios.
- Part 3: Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment in Complex Health Scenarios utilizes unfolding cases that build on the skills learned in Part 2 to equip you to make sound decisions in realistic, complex health scenarios involving complicated health problems and/or challenging patient assignment decisions and help you learn to "think like nurses" by developing what Benner (2010) calls "clinical imagination."
- NEW! Fully interactive question functionality features optional online answer submission with automated scoring.
- NEW! The all-important QSEN initiative is addressed by:
- Introducing the QSEN initiative and QSEN competencies in Part I
- Including a new chapter focused primarily on safety and other "nursing fundamentals" issues
- Identifying corresponding QSEN competencies and Concepts for each question in the Answer Key in the Evolve Instructor Resources
- NEW! Faculty-only Unfolding Cases and Suggested Uses resource on Evolve facilitate classroom discussion, development of clinical reasoning skills, and learner evaluation, as well as tips for teaching with the book throughout the nursing curriculum.
- NEW! Safety and Infection Control chapter features an increased number of questions specific to the QSEN safety competency.
- NEW! Separate Diabetes Mellitus and Other Endocrine Problems chapters give greater emphasis to diabetes as requested in feedback on the previous edition.
- NEW! Pediatric Problems and Psychiatric-Mental Health Problems chapters expand on content formerly integrated into body systems chapters to provide you with a more thorough understanding of these key clinical areas.
- NEW! NCLEX chart-format questions include six patient "charts" in Case Study 6 (Home Health) to reflect the NCLEX Exam's chart-format questions.
- NEW! Design and navigation enhancements include page cross-references at the bottom of each page, quick-reference tabs on the answer key, and a new two- color design.
- NEW! Additional questions address the newborn, immunization, catheter-related infection, and ventilator-related infection.
- Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 6e (Saunders Comprehensive Review for Nclex-Rn)
- Lippincott Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN (Lippincott's Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN (W/CD))
- Lippincott's NCLEX-RN Alternate-Format Questions 5e (Point (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins))
- NCLEX-RN Premier 2014-2015 with 2 Practice Tests (Kaplan Nclex-Rn Premier)
- HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination, 4e
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.